The DERAY®-ACIS is an extension to enable the entire system for 100% accuracy of splice conductor and heat shrink sleeve off-center positioning in a balanced and as well unbalanced splice configuration in correlation to the wire bundle diameter difference. For additional process safety the DERAY®-ACIS is able to monitor several parameters like, sleeve length, sleeve diameter for additional quality inspection of the used heat shrink sleeve and conductor length to verify correct welding / strip lengths.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic positioning of the entire Splice towards to the center spot to allow a more operator-friendly and efficient insertion process
- Off-center sleeve and eccentric wire positioning to equalize shrinking behavior on balanced and unbalanced splices
- Detection and measurement of full conductor length to follow latest OEM welding standards
- Sleeve length detection and measurement from 20mm up to 65mm
- Sleeve diameter detection and measurement from 6mm up to 20mm
- Lean centering design for processing shorter wire application from 320mm
- Multipiece process flow to use shrinking and positioning cycles parallel and synchronized
- Communication systems: RS232, TCP/IP and OPC UA
- Upgrade quick and easy by plug & play for each DERAY®-SpliceMan 2.0 testing
6 Different Application Values Detection
Plug & Play Solution for Retrospective Upgrade
The DERAY®-ACIS is designed for an operator-friendly splice insertion process for mispositioning compensation. Once the splice is dropped into the conductor detection & positioning module, it’s fixing and adjusting the splice, while the diameter detection loop measures the heat shrink sleeve size and the wire bundle grippers are measuring and fixing the splice configuration. Once the sleeve sliders positioned the tube towards the defined position, the entire splice is slid into the shrink chamber. To use the shrinking and cooling time efficiently, the operator can introduce the next splice and launch the detection, measuring, and positioning process for semi-automated feeding. For occupational safety purposes, the entire process is launched after closing the device hood only.
DERAY®-ACIS for SpliceMan 2.0
Heat-shrink products & sizes:
- DERAY®-Splicemelt size 1 to 3, length max. 65mm
- DERAY®-UMS size 1 to 3, length max. 65mm
- DERAY®-T Melt size 1 to 3, length max 65mm
- Any DSG-Canusa DERAY® products up to 15mm diameter & 65mm length.
- For other products and sizes contact DSG-Canusa Application Engineering.
Scope of delivery:
- Positioning Device, DERAY®-ACIS
- Operating manual in English, German, French (others on request)
|Electrical fuse protection at the owner
|Degree of protection
|Tube length range
|20 mm – 68 mm
|Tube diameter range
|6 mm – 20 mm
|Wire assembly length
|Conductor detection range